Wow, I haven’t posted in awhile! I’ve been away a lot – camping, San Diego (where I saw old friends and new – thanks for meeting for lunch, Hallie!), etc – and have been catching up on life ever since. So sorry if I’ve been MIA – did anyone miss me? 😉
To take a page from another bloggin’ Janet (and I will definitely get to those great 5 questions you have for me soon J!), here are some of the things I’m loving right now:
1. Soy milk – Ever since I discovered how freaking happy WholeSoy & Co frozen yogurt makes me, I’ve been testing this soy = happy theory with other soy products, like soy milk in my lattes. So far, so good. Is it the estrogen boost? I don’t know, but I’m not complaining. It might be self-fulfilling (if I think soy makes me happy, it will), but I’ll take it!
2. Operation Beautiful – I’m loving Caitlin’s quest to end fat talk by leaving positive messages in public places.
3. SF passing a mandatory composting law – This makes me so happy! Now my building will (hopefully) finally get a green bin and I won’t have to lug my frozen food scraps all the way across town to my Dad’s or smuggle it into a neighbor’s bin. Yo, building manager, it’s the law!
4. Oikos Plain yogurt with Stahlbush Farms Marion Blackberries. I pack a little tupperware of Greek yogurt with the frozen berries in it in the morning and stick it in the fridge at work. By lunch, the berries have defrosted and sweetened the plain yogurt with their juice. So good! I want to do separate posts on both of these products in the future – Stahlbush is a great, environmentally-friendly farm with sustainable (and delicious!) products, and Oikos is fab and organic. Note: I buy Oikos in the 16oz container which is perfect to reuse as tupperware. I only wish they’d make a 32 ounce one, and add a little lid to their 5.3 oz size to reduce the wastefulness of single serving sizes.
5. 90s Music – The Third Eye Blind Pandora station is the only thing that gets my house clean these days. I’m actually going to see my high school friend’s 90s cover band tonight. I can’t wait!
6. Green cabbage – Simply sauteed with LOTS of shallots or leeks, some salt and garlic powder. Yum!
What are you loving these days?